Skip to main content

Jamaica 2024


Man where to even start.  I have been taking this trip to Jamaica since 2016.  We had two years missed due to covid, so this was my 7th trip.  I am absolutely in love with Harmons and it's people!  It really is like going to my second home for me.  

This year the girls and Kurt joined me at dinner before we left and then did some January indoor/outdoor swimming.  It was only about an hour, but they had a great time.  They walked me up to my room and we hugged and said goodbye.  Rylee was such a trooper, she tried so hard not to cry!  I def miss them all while I'm gone, but know they are in good hands with their Daddy and Nana.  









This year was extra special as I finally got to introduce the bestie to beautiful Jamaica!!  She was a little nervous, but I knew without a doubt she would love it.  I would make sure not to push her to hard her first go round, I want her to love it not hate it!  Not much sleep was had before we had to be at the airport by 4am!!  



Oh how my heart and soul need this trip every year.  It's honestly my way to fill my cup.  The one thing I absolutely selfishly do for myself.  I love the relationships that I have made, and the deep connections I end up making with each group of  the VU'ers.  
Puntex was amazing this year!  Last year he wasn't on staff at Won by One, but hung out with us all week.  He was soooo quiet!  Not this year!  He came out of his shell and everyone adored him!!  It was so awesome to see!  He is such a gem!  
I was asked to help in my good friend Wendy's baptism at YS falls on the last day of our trip.  What a blessed experience.  

This is the crew from last year that helped to build the very Church we are standing in today!!  Lots of blood, sweat and tears put into these walls and stage!!  

VU Jamaica Crew 2024!!
Oh Shane!!  Shane and I have been together since the beginning.  He is def my brother from another mother.  He makes the best smoothies.  
Shan Shan!!  Shanique has also been with me since the beginning.  I have gotten to watch her grow over the years.  Her zest for life is huge!  Her smile and laughter light up the room!!  
She did it and LOVED it!!  So proud of her!  Can't wait to see what our next trips together hold!  
Joseph!!  This one....he's one of my heart!  We met when he was only 19.  I just have such a soft spot for him and his silly self!  I made us matching friendship bracelets this year and I couldn't believe how touched he was by that jester.  He's a keeper!!

My Jamaican family meets some of my family from home.  Nancy and Agape.  Our family sponsors little Agape.  The money we give monthly helps to feed him at school and get him the supplies he needs.  I took a brand-new backpack with me this year full of school supplies for him.  He loved it.  Nancy and her husband Thomas who works on the house crew were honestly my first Jamaican friends that soon turned into family.  This year was even more special as they welcomed us into their home for Meals on Heels night and cooked a fantastic fried chicken meal for us!  We are Blessed I tell ya!  I gave Nancy a $20 dollar bill this year when it was just us talking and she cried!  She was so shocked.  She later text me and told me that she was hoping to save it to get Agape a birthday cake since he had never had a birthday party.  Oh my heart!  Next year I will be sure to give her even more.  It's not about the money, it's about the true friendship we have. Nancy is the ONLY person I have ever prayed for aloud...TWICE!!  My sister in Christ no doubt.  

Ganga!  Our Jamaican tour guide!  Gang gonna live longga for all the hard work he does for us all while we are there.  This trip would not make sense without him!  


Seven Years for Wendy and I!  We are the OG's and the only original trip returners that have made it every year!  I honestly can't than VU enough for this amazing experience.  The fact that they trust me to go and lead in the only way I know how....to love on people and to make sure everyone is comfortable and having the best time they can.  It's truly been one amazing ride working for such an fantastic company!  10 years and hopefully many many more!!!

 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Belly Button Be Gone!!!

Goose had her hernia surgery done last week.  I was a complete wreck.  I know it isn't invasive, however it's still your baby going under anesthesia.   We had to be at Children's at 1:30 for check in.  Goose had no idea what was going on.  She was just as happy s can be.  It was just Goose, myself and Daddy, Nana picked Bird up from school and was keeping we busy until we were home.   When they called us back she got all her vitals checked and was a champ.  We changed her into a gown and she got to play while I spoke with the nurse, anesthesiologist, and the surgeon.  When the nurse told me that they would most likely intubate her, tears just rolled down my face.  In my line of work...intubation is never good, it's a way to sustain life.  I know that in this case it's just a way to know for sure they don't stop breathing during the procedure. The Surgeon came by to see us before and let us know what would be happening.  We work...

Fun with Friends!!

Nothin says fun like a little splash park fun with friends!!  Myself and the girls along with Tracy and Dalton made it to the park at about 11:15am and then we were joined by Russ and Austin, Aimee, Matters, Johnna and her girls!!  We were there for about 2 hours and they all had a great time!!!  Goose just loved it!  Walked ALL over!!  Gonna hit the park up again tomorrow with Aunt Tt, Brody, Nana and Little Man!!  Can't wait!!  We love all this outside time!!  

Baby Bird turns 16

I'm still not sure how our first baby girls is 16!  I remember not only her birth story, but I remember loving being pregnant with her so much.  Except the heart burn, I could have done without that!   Beautiful Bird you have become such an awesome young lady.  One that I am blessed to be your Mama.  Your love of life truly shines through in any and all settings.  People are drawn to you for your huge heart and understanding ways.  You make friends easily, and teachers and coaches adore you for the hard worker you are, but mostly because you are a true team mate.   I love how close we are, and how close you are to your sisters.  The moments when we just get to hang out and talk life or not even talk at all and just enjoy each others company are some of my most favorite times.   I love when you get excited about things or when something really makes you laugh, I wish I could bottle that joy up and keep it forever.   We are ...