Skip to main content

Tonsils Be Gone....Adenoids too!!

 Little Ry woke up on the morning of March 11th so pumped to get her tonsils out!  I don't blame her they were HUGE!!  Like even when she wasn't sick, these monsters were so large they were touching.  Making everything a bit more difficult for our girl.  

So Daddy, Ry, and I all headed to the surgery center that was super close to our house that am.  It was the first day of spring break and that place was hoping with little ones getting their tonsils removed.  Rylee was so so brave.  We got checked in, and back to a room in no time.  Once we talked to the nurse, and Dr, they wheeled her off and thought it should only take about 15min. 




Kurt and I sat there and in no time the Dr came out to let us know that she did great, she also might have been in the beginning stages of a sinus infection as there was more green goo then he expected.  He went ahead and filled out a script for some antibiotics as well just in case.  He said that she was getting all fixed up and heading back to recovery and it shouldn't be too long.  Well.....after watching people come and go, my Mama heart started to get worried.  Nana was texting as well asking how she was doing.  Just as I was about to go tot he desk, the nurses came out and low and behold it was a family friend from my childhood.  She said she was having a hard time waking Ry up, not to worry, she was just really really sleepy.  Her vitals were great, she was just out. 




When we finally got to see her sweet face it was a relief.  She was so peaceful and definitely ASLEEP!!!  She finally woke up and took some drinks of her grape slushie.  We headed home.  When we got home Bird had made her a pallet on the couch just for her.  Ry was in and out of sleep most of the day.  Nana stopped by with a gift and made Rylee's day. 

 


She was doing great eating lots of popsicles and drinking water.  She was stocked with pudding, jello, and Mac n Cheese.  Her biggest complaint was no chips!!  Ha!  She wasn't happy at all about that one!  On day two I left her unattended for 2 seconds so i could use the restroom, when all of a sudden I hear the chip bag opening!  I jumped off the toilet and I'm pretty sure I was screaming NOOOOOOOOO, when I got to her room and she just looked at me with huge croc tears in her eyes.  LOL!  Poor thing!!  










Neenee came over and brought her flowers and hung out with her for a bit.  She got an awesome box of all the fun things to do from my team at work!!  She was totally set for her recovery.  

Thank goodness we never really had any rough patches.  Day 7-9 were rocky in the a.m. but once she got some liquid in her and some Tylenol, she was good to go.  Her little voice was about 2 octaves higher than normal.  

She is back to her normal outgoing self now and so glad to have those monsters out of her way!!  She is def a growing, snacking, five year old!!!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Belly Button Be Gone!!!

Goose had her hernia surgery done last week.  I was a complete wreck.  I know it isn't invasive, however it's still your baby going under anesthesia.   We had to be at Children's at 1:30 for check in.  Goose had no idea what was going on.  She was just as happy s can be.  It was just Goose, myself and Daddy, Nana picked Bird up from school and was keeping we busy until we were home.   When they called us back she got all her vitals checked and was a champ.  We changed her into a gown and she got to play while I spoke with the nurse, anesthesiologist, and the surgeon.  When the nurse told me that they would most likely intubate her, tears just rolled down my face.  In my line of work...intubation is never good, it's a way to sustain life.  I know that in this case it's just a way to know for sure they don't stop breathing during the procedure. The Surgeon came by to see us before and let us know what would be happening.  We work...

Fun with Friends!!

Nothin says fun like a little splash park fun with friends!!  Myself and the girls along with Tracy and Dalton made it to the park at about 11:15am and then we were joined by Russ and Austin, Aimee, Matters, Johnna and her girls!!  We were there for about 2 hours and they all had a great time!!!  Goose just loved it!  Walked ALL over!!  Gonna hit the park up again tomorrow with Aunt Tt, Brody, Nana and Little Man!!  Can't wait!!  We love all this outside time!!  

Baby Bird turns 16

I'm still not sure how our first baby girls is 16!  I remember not only her birth story, but I remember loving being pregnant with her so much.  Except the heart burn, I could have done without that!   Beautiful Bird you have become such an awesome young lady.  One that I am blessed to be your Mama.  Your love of life truly shines through in any and all settings.  People are drawn to you for your huge heart and understanding ways.  You make friends easily, and teachers and coaches adore you for the hard worker you are, but mostly because you are a true team mate.   I love how close we are, and how close you are to your sisters.  The moments when we just get to hang out and talk life or not even talk at all and just enjoy each others company are some of my most favorite times.   I love when you get excited about things or when something really makes you laugh, I wish I could bottle that joy up and keep it forever.   We are ...